TSA Prohibited Items List For Air Transport
For ensure your safety and the safety of others, Transport Security Administration (TSA) has declared certain items hazardous and are prohibited from air transportation.
Additionally, the Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) may determine that an item on the permitted chart is dangerous and therefore may not be allowed on the flight. Below is a Prohibited Item List, please review carefully before packing your cargo.
Guns & Firearms
- Gun Powder including black powder and percussion caps
- Blasting Caps
- Flares (in any form)
- Hand Grenades
- Plastic Explosives
- · Realistic Replicas of Explosives
- Aerosol (any except for personal care or toiletries in limited quantities)
- Fuels (including cooking fuels and any flammable liquid fuel)
- Lighter Fluid
- Gas Torches
- Common Lighters - Lighters without fuel are permitted in checked baggage. Lighters with fuel are prohibited in checked baggage, unless they adhere to the Department of Transportation (DOT) exemption, which allows up to two fueled lighters if properly enclosed in a DOT approved case. If you are uncertain as to whether your lighter is prohibited, please leave it at home.
- Torch Lighters - Torch lighters create a thin, needle-like flame that is hotter (reaching 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit) and more intense than those from common lighters. Torch lighters are often used for pipes and cigars, and maintain a consistent stream of air-propelled fire regardless of the angle at which it is held. Torch lighters continue to be banned.
- Strike-anywhere Matches - One book of safety (non-strike anywhere) matches are permitted as carry-on items, but all matches are prohibited in checked baggage.
- Flammable Paints (See Other Items below for non-flammable paints)
- Turpentine and Paint Thinner
- Realistic Replicas of Incendiaries
- Chlorine for Pools and Spas
- Fire extinguishers and other compressed gas cylinders
- Liquid Bleach
- Spillable Batteries - except those in wheelchairs
- Spray Paint
- Tear Gas
· Flammable liquid, gel, or aerosol paint
· Aerosol Products
· Alcohol Base Products (Cologne, Perfume)
In accordance with the regulations pursuant to 49 C.F.R. 1548.9(B)” issued by the Department of Homeland Security and the Transportation Security Administration., _____________________________________________ hereby consenting to the screening of all air cargo shipments by SpeedPack Inc , through TSA- approved screening methods, including but not limited to physical search, from this day forward, until written withdrawal of this consent.
By signing this document you certify that you have reviewed the prohibited list and your freight does not contain any of the listed items.
_______________________ _______________ ______________
Name Signature Date
You are assumed to have signed this document when you check yes in the option above that asked if you have read this list.
For more information on Prohibited items and Permitted items log on:
4757 Canton Road , Suite 100
Marietta, GA 30066